WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps globally. If you are using the internet, you must have used this app to send messages to your loved ones. This app comes with plenty of useful features. The fingerprint lock is one of the best features to enhance security.
In this article, we will discuss how to activate a Fingerprint lock on your Android mobile. I know it is straightforward to enable this functionality. But, still, some of them would be confused to enable Fingerprint lock in WhatsApp. So without any further ado, let’s get started!
Pre-Requirments for Fingerprint lock on your Android phone
- Make sure you have updated to the latest version
- Just go to Help > App info and check the version
- Your phone should have a Fingerprint lock functionality
- That’s all you need to do before moving to the next step!
How to enable Fingerprint Lock on the WhatsApp Messenger app?
- Open the WhatsApp Messenger App on your mobile phone.
- Go to Account > Privacy and “Enable” the “Fingerprint Lock” option
- While clicking on “Unlock with fingerprint,” it will instantly ask you to confirm your fingerprint (if you have already set it to unlock your device)
- There are three options available, “Immediately,” “After 1 Minute,” or “After 30 minutes.”
- Select the option you like to use.
- “Show content in notifications” is available if you want to access WhatsApp notifications while it is locked.
- Hurray! You are done now!
- After following these steps, it will ask you to unlock this app with Fingerprint Scanner every time you open WhatsApp Messenger.
How to disable Fingerprint Lock on your Android phone?
- Open your WhatsApp messenger app
- Go to Settings > Account > Privacy
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Fingerprint lock.
- Turn off Unlock with the fingerprint.
- That’s all! Now you can open your WhatsApp messenger app as usual.
WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock – FAQ
Am I allowed to use this fingerprint lock if my phone doesn’t support fingerprints?
Sorry, it is not possible to use the fingerprint lock option if your phone doesn’t support the fingerprinting facility. Essentially, it uses your phone’s fingerprint scanner to enable this feature.
Is this facility only available to Android devices?
No, iOS devices are also eligible for WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock. First, the company started with Android devices; later, this feature was pushed to iOS devices. Hence, if you own an Apple device, you can also use this feature on your WhatsApp messenger.
- Fingerprint lock is only available on Android devices with a fingerprint sensor running Android 6.0+ that supports the Google fingerprint API.
- This feature isn’t supported on the Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, or Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- To use the fingerprint lock, you’ll need to have it enabled in your phone’s settings.
- You can still answer calls if the app is locked.